Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January Eh!


Well, as many of you may know, the city I reside in has been battered and shaken by horrible winter storms. The snow fall has been extreme to say the very least. I am a mere 5'3" tall and the snow piles are now well over my head and my ability to shovel and toss. My guess is that we'll be shovelling until well into June to clear all this fluffy white goodness.

This is no excuse for my lapse in blog posts, but gosh darn it, it's hard to get in the mood to write when your teeth are chattering and your fingers are so frozen even the hot cocoa can't warm them up.

We've (meaning me and Gail and Lacey) have been quite busy on the Retreat front. Our first retreat of the year was January 7-9th. It was "oversold" so it was comfy and cozy and everyone was so productive and energetic. Then the snow dumped on us and viola, we were snowed in at retreat. Now some of you would be cheering and giggling uncontrolably right now if you had been there. However, the neighbouring farmer and his larger than life tractor came over and with the movements of a ballerina, swept all that snow away so to encourage our cars, trucks and minimom vans to brave the roads to return to our families. URGHHHH...

It always amazes me how great the country we live in is, how great our neighbours are and how super special the gals that come out and visit us at retreat are. I am truely gratefull for such a great bunch of women. Year after year they come out and join us 12 times a year for great quilting, great scrapbooking, great knitting, whatever their obsession is....they come. So in the words of a very cute actor....Build it and they will come!

Now on to this January EH! title....what do you do to keep the January BLAHS away? Do you only crafts with bright and bold colours? Do you plan summer meals? What is it that you do?


No comments:

EQ7

Dream, Design, Create with EQ7 I design in EQ7