Friday, February 19, 2010

Competitiveness

are you competitive? Maybe a little...?

I enjoy viewing other peoples scrapbook pages, their quilts, i love it all...it inspires me, I never thought of entering anything into any type of competition until yesterday!

I entered a quilt I made a friends baby boy into a online quilt competition, now all my friends have been voting along and emailing that they voted and each email gets me more and more excited...not that I'll win, but that my friends all love the quilt so much.

I am knee deep in the Wizard of OZ fabrics right now. I decided a month or so ago that I would enter Fons & Porters competition and their theme is "oz". So I went through my stash, found some fabrics i bought during a trip to Las Vegas and the Christmas Goose Quilt Shop (love it there ladies) and brought home to CANADA...now these fabulous morsels are slowing going into my first "big competition". My dear sweet husband drew the design of the quilt (man he is good, if only i could get him to quilt?) and I've been slushing through the fabric to get the pieces just right and put together to reflect what he drew.

Have you ever entered a Quilt? It sure is nerve racking...perfection perfection, and then an opps...but what fun, it's kinda nice having a deadline, knowing it will be done, not just another UFO (unfinished object)...my scrapbooking has been on the wayside in the meantime, but hopefully next weekend I will get to play with friends at a crop!

Until later my sweetie peeps!

Cheers

No comments:

EQ7

Dream, Design, Create with EQ7 I design in EQ7