Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quilt -a-Long and Scrap-a-longs ??

For my quiltly friends, I am sure you've all heard of Quilt a longs, they are amazing little tidbits and quilting instructions that you share with people from all over the world. One fabulous designer dreams up a great design, shares the skills and know-how with the world and viola, along a 8-12 week progress through a blog or email subscription everyone makes a new and different quilt. I love these "mini" challenges. They peak my interest because of the ability for each and every person involved to learn something from someone along the road. Seeing all the different patterns, fabric lines and "tweeks" that almost always happen make the quilt-a-longs a great surprise in the end. Most quilt-a-longs have a flickr site as well, this helps everyone to be able to see what their new quilty friends around the world are doing, what colours and textures others are using and to get bragging rights and the almight "oh yes" confirmation from their cyberspace peers. I have met alot of fabulous quilty friends through these adventures and have a host of quilts that i may not have ever tried otherwise. Thanks to all those great designers....without you we'd be.....well no where! This summer I joined the Summer Star Sampler with QuiltyGirl Bradie Sparrow and this fall I have joined two more...see the side panel for the ones I am doing this fall.

Now for my Scrapbooking friends. Wouldn't this be great for a album...if someone put up instructions for a page layout weekly or biweekly so that in a matter of a few weeks you'd have a album done. I am thinking of hosting one for a 8x8 album or smaller....let's get this great adventure started!

No comments:

EQ7

Dream, Design, Create with EQ7 I design in EQ7