Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fire Victims help needed for Slave Lake

If you are not aware, a town in Alberta was destroyed by a horrible forest fire that is still going. The town is on full evacuation and 8000 residents are all displaced into many different locations. We are shocked to say the very least, I've sent up with the many trucks 4 afgans (knitted by my great friend Teddy Yates) and am in the midst of collecting quilts and afgans for the people to give them some comfort.
I am also collecting pet supplies for all the displaced and very scared pets.
If you can help email me at girlfriendsandgiggles@shaw.ca and we can arrange delivery of the items.

Thank you for your support. You can also donate at the Red Cross.

My heart goes out to those 8000 residents whom cannot go home...

No comments:

EQ7

Dream, Design, Create with EQ7 I design in EQ7