Tuesday, April 6, 2010

RETREAT in 2 more SLEEPS

have you ever been on retreat? If not you are missing out on a real experience.

I happen to run a little retreat business, and it all started way back when because I loved going to retreat and couldn't get enough dates through my local stores.

If you have been on retreat, then you know what I am talking about when I say our record is 6:30am...yep someone(me in fact) stayed up all night and went to bed at 6:30 in the morning. When that creativity bug hits you, you just can't hold back. Retreats make it easier to be creative, there is no spouse calling your name, no kids yelling for you, no chores, no meals to make (THEY MAKE THEM FOR YOU) and no interruptions unless you do the interrupting for a nice walk down to the lake or a quick trip from the lodge into town for some "retail therapy".

I get very excited before a retreat begins, wondering what will I take to work on, what will i get done, or not done? Who will I meet? There is always a newbee at retreat and meeting over 300 new people in the past 3 years has been the ultimate highlight of my retreat experiences.

Sock Monkeys are our theme, my friends and I have become "addicted" to these cute and memory filled little creatures. We each have one, they all have names, they (the monkey's) have outfits, quilts of their own, books, scrapbooks and "keepers"...it's actually a really fun time, the monkeys tend to do the things that we would never!!!hahahaha

If you haven't enjoyed a retreat yet, GO, let nothing stop you, it's a great down time, great relaxing time and superb for regenerating yourself.....ENJOY!

visit our retreats at www.gigglesandgirlfriends.com

No comments:

EQ7

Dream, Design, Create with EQ7 I design in EQ7